Sunday, May 01, 2005

Potatoes with prawn

Where the hell have I been, you ask? It's bleeding Beltaine and you haven't heard from me since near the ides of April, you state forcefully, looking for answers? I, impatient people, have been aboard the good ship Red Herring, taking passage to that fair isle that some people call England. That's right, ladies and gents- I made it out of Florida!


We arrived in London yesterday. I've been having a grand old time exploring the city. Never mind what you've heard about English food- good food is easy to find here in London at least.

This picture is from a cafe that I at lunch in today. The cafe is in the crypt of one of the big churches around the center of London. I screwed up the film speed, but I kinda like how it turned out.


I spent the afternoon looking for the Globe Theatre. Did you know that somebody reconstructed it? It's not really like I imagined it (less dirt and far more compliant with modern building codes) but it was pretty cool to see.

This picture is of a pedestrian bridge that crosses the Thames nearby to the Globe. I like the composition of it- all the bridges and railings mixed together, with the river.

I'm feeling a bit lonely- I haven't run into anybody particular yet. Ah, well. I think it's been too long since I made it into a proper city!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home