Monday, April 04, 2005

Picturesque

Still hangin' out with the pool players. The boggan makes a damn fine pizza, and this town has a surprisingly large number of interesting places to hang out.

I took this picture of Doran and Valaethe (her Countessness) at the University. They were building god-knows-what out the back of the student union, but there was a nice little area in the middle of the noise and confusion with a lake and trees and a little trail. Very strange, how human people will build an area up but leave one little piece of pretty in the middle of it, like they're trying to remember what pretty used to be like.

Something I also found odd was the fact that this was an amphitheatre, that went down to only a lake rather than a stage. Do they have water-skiing shows? It's not really that big a lake.

Anyway, I think this picture caught that sense, of the pretty in the middle of this big, noisy construction area.
Here's a shot of Valaethe down by the lake. I like this one, because the flow of her clothes fits into the look of the water, and the color of the stone and railing so well.

Not sure how much longer I'll stay here- I might be able to get a ride out of here next week. In the meantime, I'm enjoying myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home