Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I'd like the Michael Jackson, please!

Went out with Valaethe and her lot again tonight. There's this coffee shop in the downtown here that sells good coffee and surprisingly tasty desserts, and occasionally has live jazz.

This guy is Elias Anderson, some muckety-muck in the Bes Din (so I was told) who was In Town On Business, and Valaethe was showing him a good time. I like the shot; he's got a good pensive look on his face- plus, you can just see the Starbucks sign in the back!

Apparently, when Starbucks first opened in Gainesville, they opened across the street from this coffeeshop (the most beloved in ye towne) as their piratical warning shot that they intended to take this town! A few years down the line, though, Maude's is still doing hopping business (at least it was when I was there) and the Starbucks was looking a little lonely...

Here's a shot of Valaethe really showing Elias a good time! I thought his face kinda complimented her dress. There wasn't particularly supposed to be dancing there, but they just up and started some. I can't blame them; it was a pretty good jazz band.

Anyway, I'm out of this town tomorrow. The eshu in this crowd, Lauren, is heading out West of here and I'm taking the opportunity. Valaethe and her crowd are nice enough, but time and the tide moves on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home